We take confidentiality and data privacy very seriously and fully comply with the Hong Kong Data Privacy Ordinance in order to protect the information you share with us. Your personal details will be closely guarded and never shared with others without your consent and we follow relevant best practices and applicable legal requirements. By accepting membership to The Reserve or by continuing to use any of our services, you thereby accept and agree the following.
1) Security. The data we collect is kept secure, under strict access controls. We require those persons handling such data, (including staff and third party contractors) to meet strict duties of confidentiality and require them strictly to comply with this Policy and the law.
2) Reasons for needing your data. We need such data to effectively operate the membership base for INFO/NATION and provide you with benefits and services including regular communications, updates and special offers. Failure to provide it to us will mean we cannot provide you with such benefits and services.
3) Purposes for which your personal data may be used. This will vary, (depending on what new offers we create for members) and may include any of the following:
a) to contact and regularly keep in touch with members and to notify them of events, promotions and other benefits.
b) to build, operate, update, maintain and improve our membership databases.
c) to respond to enquiries, orders, bookings or other requests received from members’ emails.
d) to promote and market selected products and services from third parties, which we consider may be of interest to members.
e) to meet our obligations under any legal or governmental body.
f) other related purposes, which are from time to time featured on our website (including but not limited to www.infonation-asia.com, www.thereserve-asia.com, www.loft-asia.com, www.loft-listings.com, www.pies-asia.com, www.yuhaohui-asia.com).
4) Opt out. Anyone no longer wishing to a member of The Reserve, may (at no cost) request removal of their details (by emailing email@example.com).
5) We will not transfer your personal data to any other party without your written or verbal permission. Third parties may include:
a) companies in the INFO/NATION group, including but not limited to The Reserve, LOFT, Yù Háo Huì and PIE+S.
b) our selected service providers (e.g. for database management and e-mail circulation, operational, administrative and similar functions). All such providers are carefully pre-selected, made subject to strict confidentiality requirements and are required to uphold our Data Policy and the law.
c) any legal, regulatory or governmental body or pursuant to any of their requirements that are binding on us.
d) any prospective acquirer, successor, transferee or participant in relation to all or part of our business.
e) suppliers (or other persons) for fulfillment of bookings/orders etc. made via your membership (e.g. to fulfill an event booking request or purchase from a recommended supplier).
f) any other body or person who is under legally binding duties of confidentiality.
7) We pledge to safeguard your personal data and ensure it is maintained confidentially and under high standards of security. In doing this we will require compliance by our staff, our contractors and other relevant persons to comply with these standards.
8) Your duties. For your part, please do remember you need to:
a) promptly update us of changes in your contact details to enable punctual updating of our records.
b) safeguard against unauthorized or other misuse of your email including any relevant password(s).
c) act reasonably and meet applicable conditions and requirements we set for events and other member activities.
9) We reserve the right to accept or reject any request to membership of The Reserve and, once granted, to curtail or terminate it (with or without prior notice), where considered necessary.
10) We retain your personal data as long as the purpose for its collection continues. All personal data that has been collected from you will only be stored for a limited duration that is relevant to the purpose for which it was obtained and for as long as required by law.
11) Cookies. Similar to others, our websites will, when you access it, create a small text file called a cookie, on your hard drive. These cookies contain information about you and your preferences, but the information available is related only to your interaction with the website in question (e.g. pages you have visited and any inputs you have made). The creation of a cookie does not give a website access to the rest of your computer, and only the website that created it can read information in a cookie. Browsers are often pre-set to accept cookies (as this enables greater online convenience), but you can reset your browser to alert you of cookie usage or to block cookies altogether. However, doing this may restrict or even prevent your use of all of our web services.
12) Policy review. We keep this (and our other policies) under constant review. Changes when made, will be published on our website and be notified through email or other communication. It does not reduce or limit your rights under Hong Kong law.
13) Access and update rights. You have the right to request:
a) if we hold data about you (on payment of a reasonable fee) to receive a copy.
b) a data correction.
c) to be informed of the type of data that we hold and our data policies and practices.
If you have any questions regarding our data protection policy please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for subscribing to LOFT magazine!